There is no doubt that porcelain veneers have helped many create that stunning smile that everyone has always wanted to have. Porcelain veneers are a recent technology in dental science and have significantly restored confidence, smiles, and self-esteem for individuals.
They are typically placed on your tooth if they have previously been damaged, discolored, stained, chipped, or poorly aligned. The appearance of your teeth is greatly improved through the placement of porcelain veneers. Conversely, damage to veneers can set your clock back in motion immediately.
WHAT ARE DENTAL VENEERS?
Dental veneers (sometimes known as porcelain veneers or dental porcelain laminates) are thin, custom-designed shells made of a tooth-colored material designed to protect the front of teeth and improve the appearance of your teeth. Veneers are bonded on the sides of your teeth and change their color, shape, or length.
TYPES OF DENTAL VENEERS:
Dental veneers are made using porcelain or resin composite materials. Porcelain veneers are more resistant to staining than those made of resin. They also better mimic the characteristics of natural teeth. It would be helpful to you if you talked about the best veneer material for you together with your doctor.
The procedure for installing porcelain veneers takes significantly more time than the composite veneers procedure and can take as long as three weeks from the initial consultation.
The initial step in the procedure is to grind the teeth down, including some healthy enamel, to allow space for the veneer. The dentist will then take impressions of the tooth using some putty. This impression is used to verify that the veneer is a perfect fit for your teeth. You will most likely need to wait for some time between the preparation of your tooth and the actual fixing of the porcelain veneers to your teeth. In that case, you might receive temporary veneers to safeguard your teeth during this interim.
After the porcelain veneers are ready to be fitted, the dentist will apply a mild acid, as with composite veneers, to roughen the exterior of the teeth and shape your veneer to fit your teeth. Next, an adhesive for dental use is applied, and the veneer is then fitted.
WHY SHOULD YOU GET PORCELAIN VENEERS WHEN THEY TAKE LONGER AND COST MORE THAN COMPOSITE VENEERS?
The reason for this is that veneers are designed to be the same color and shape as your natural teeth. Therefore, it will make it extremely difficult to determine that you have veneers. However, be sure about whether or not you want to get them; since the process involves filing down healthy enamel, the procedure is irreversible.
WHAT IS THE REASON FOR REPLACING DAMAGED VENEERS?
Dental professionals recommend porcelain veneers to meet the reasons mentioned above. They may break or become damaged, and replacing them as soon as possible is essential because of the reasons listed below:
- If you’ve decided to get porcelain veneers to match the shade of your natural teeth, it is crucial to keep the color of the veneer.
- The teeth may become yellow or dull due to aging or lifestyle, and veneers can help you keep your sparkling white teeth.
- Porcelain veneers help cover chipped teeth. However, any damage to the veneer can take you back to the past.
- If your veneer breaks, the chinks of the teeth will show up once more.
- Porcelain veneers are a great way to improve the alignment of teeth without the need for braces. They can close the gaps between your teeth and make them more aligned if they’re not. However, a damaged veneer can affect the appearance and alignment of your teeth, and require replacing immediately.
- Patients with diseases develop damaged teeth over time. The porcelain veneers help restore the aesthetic appearances of worn-out teeth and protect the teeth from hot and cold sensitivities.
PORCELAIN VENEERS’ FAILURE CAUSES:
Let’s examine the reasons why porcelain veneers may fail.
- Though well-constructed and robust, Veneers can be damaged if you bite into hard stuff often or on objects made of metal, like forks.
- It is common to grind your teeth when stressed. In addition, some grind their teeth when they sleep. These actions that are not voluntary can damage the porcelain veneer.
- In the event of an accident, veneers can be damaged or broken if you sustain injuries to your mouth.
- As we age, the structure of gums and teeth can cause the veneer to shrink too. That is why it is recommended to replace it with a fresh one.
- Another reason behind the failure of veneers is poor placement by the dentist. It could be because of inadequate or weak bonding. The veneers could also have been too large or small for your mouth right from the beginning.
Any one of the reasons mentioned above could cause a veneer to fail. You will have to locate a professional dentist who is proficient in the placement and replacement of porcelain veneers. It is recommended that you contact your dentist when you are aware of any damage to your veneers as this can help prevent more severe damage and expenses.
TAKE CARE OF YOUR PORCELAIN VENEER BY FOLLOWING THE PROCEDURE BELOW:
Dental veneers look like your regular teeth, so to keep their beauty, don’t abandon your dental hygiene routine.
- Make sure you brush your teeth twice per day and floss after every meal.
- Beware of foods that could alter the color of or discolor your veneers.
- Veneers are made to last; an effective veneer installation can last between 10 to 15 years before suffering any damage. But you can choose to replace your porcelain veneer at any point should you encounter any issues with their appearance.
In the end, if you’ve been suffering from any problem with dental health, porcelain veneers, also known as dental veneers, are the ideal solution to fix it. They will provide you with a million-dollar smile and offer you excellent value for your investment.